Three references is the ideal number to list on a resume.
2. Listing two references is too few and four references may be too many.
3. If you list references on your resume, three is a good rule of thumb.
Can I have 2 references on my resume?
Although it used to be common practice to list at least two references on your resume, it’s since become unnecessary in the digital age.
2. But if you’re actively searching for a new job, it can help to proactively collect references so you’re prepared in case an employer asks for that information.
3. May 31, 2022
How many references does a resume need?
It’s always best to have at least three references ready to go, since most companies will ask for two or three from a candidate.
2. Having at least three references ready is optimal, as most companies will request two or three from a candidate.
3. The ideal number of references to have prepared is three, as that is how many most companies will ask for from a candidate.
4. Three references is the standard number that companies will ask for from a candidate, so it is best to have at least that many prepared.
How do you list referees on a CV?
You can either:
2. list each referee, providing their name, job title and contact details.
3. list only the name and job title of your referees, with ‘Contact details available on request’ written underneath. You then give their contact details when asked.
1. You can either list each referee by providing their name, job title, and contact details, or you can list only the name and job title of your referees with ‘Contact details available on request’ written underneath. You can give their contact details when asked.
Can I give 2 references instead of 3?
If you can explain it well and the person is interested, two references should be enough.
2. Don’t forget that college jobs and part-time work can also be valid references.
I Leon Thompson am a Human Resources Expert. I have worked in the field for over 15 years, and during that time I have gained invaluable experience and knowledge.
I am also a CV expert and Resume Expert, so I know what employers are looking for when they review applications. This gives me an advantage when helping clients to create resumes and CVs that will stand out from the crowd.