Yes, you can find a relevant job even if you have a 5-year gap in your resume after graduation.
2. However, you must be able to provide a valid reason for taking a break.
3. Secondly, you must brush up on your knowledge and upgrade your skills to be able to get hired successfully.
How do you explain a 4 year gap in employment?
Time spent looking for a new job is a good reason for an employment gap.
2. Being laid off because of organizational changes is a good reason for an employment gap.
3. Taking time off to be a stay-at-home parent or caregiver is a good reason for an employment gap.
4. Taking time off for a medical leave is a good reason for an employment gap.
5. Time spent furthering your education is a good reason for an employment gap.
6. Time spent gaining certifications or licensing is a good reason for an employment gap.
How do you explain a 10 year employment gap?
The best way to explain such an employment gap is to write down the exact period you were off, titling it as a “planned career break.”
2. Underneath, you can include one or two sentences on why you took it (e.g. took three years off work to care for my growing children, who are now in elementary school).
Do employers look at gaps in employment?
A recruiter should be impressed that you are dedicated to finding the right job. On the flip side, a good hiring manager will ask you about your employment gap because they want to understand the way you think and how you deal with different types of situations.
How do I say I left a job for mental health reasons?
You might say, “If you don’t mind, it was a personal illness that’s healed and won’t be a problem in the future.”
2. You might say, “I’d prefer to keep it personal since it’s completely healed and won’t be an issue in any jobs I hold in the future.”
I Leon Thompson am a Human Resources Expert. I have worked in the field for over 15 years, and during that time I have gained invaluable experience and knowledge.
I am also a CV expert and Resume Expert, so I know what employers are looking for when they review applications. This gives me an advantage when helping clients to create resumes and CVs that will stand out from the crowd.