It’s fashionable for students and graduates to include a personal statement (otherwise known as a career aim, profile or mission statement) at the top of their CV. However, in many cases, a personal statement on a graduate CV is a waste of space.
2. Many students and graduates choose to include a personal statement (also known as a career aim, profile, or mission statement) at the top of their CV. However, in many cases, this is a waste of space.
What should you avoid in a CV?
One of the most common CV mistakes is bad spelling and grammar. A lack of attention to detail can make your CV look sloppy and unprofessional.
2. Another common mistake is focusing on duties rather than achievements. Hiring managers are interested in what you have accomplished, not just what your day-to-day responsibilities are.
3. Another common CV mistake is using clichés. Phrases like “team player” and “hard worker” are so overused that they no longer carry any weight.
4. Another common mistake is incorrect information. Make sure to double-check dates, names, and other facts before you submit your CV.
5. Another common CV mistake is poor format. A messy, unorganized CV will be difficult for hiring managers to read.
6. Another common mistake is failure to tailor. Your CV should be customized to each job you apply for, highlighting the skills and experience that are most relevant to the position.
7. Another common CV mistake is job-hopping and employment gaps. If you have a history of bouncing around from job to job, or taking long periods of time off, it will make you look unprofessional and unreliable.
8. The final common CV mistake is making your CV too long. Hiring managers are busy, and they will not appreciate having to wade through pages and pages of text. Stick to the essentials and keep your CV concise.
What you should not include in your CV?
The CV should be professional and should include your important data.
2. Don’t include the following information: age; ethnic identity; political affiliation; religious preference; hobbies; marital status; sexual orientation; place of birth; photographs; height; weight and health.
What are 5 most important highlights in a resume your answer?
The five most important parts of a resume are your contact information, resume introduction, experience, skills, and education. This standard resume format is appropriate for nearly any job seeker.
What are the 4 things a resume should include?
The core contents of a resume include contact information, resume summary or resume objective, work experience, education, and skills. Jan 4, 2022.
I Leon Thompson am a Human Resources Expert. I have worked in the field for over 15 years, and during that time I have gained invaluable experience and knowledge.
I am also a CV expert and Resume Expert, so I know what employers are looking for when they review applications. This gives me an advantage when helping clients to create resumes and CVs that will stand out from the crowd.