Being laid off because of organizational changes is a good reason for an employment gap.
2. Taking time off to be a stay-at-home parent or caregiver is a good reason for an employment gap.
3. Taking time off for a medical leave is a good reason for an employment gap.
4. Time spent furthering your education is a good reason for an employment gap.
5. Time spent gaining certifications or licensing is a good reason for an employment gap.
How do you explain gaps in employment due to family?
Make a functional resume that highlights your skills and accomplishments.
2. Include a brief explanation for any gaps in your work history.
3. Highlight what you did during any gaps in your work history to keep yourself current.
What should a housewife put on a resume?
I have been out of the workforce for a while.
2. I have been out of the workforce for a while, but I have been keeping busy. I have been volunteering, taking continuing education courses, and working on freelance projects. I have also been doing some professional development to keep my skills up-to-date. I have been keeping busy and I am ready to get back to work.
“What’s a fancy name for a stay-at-home mom?”
Also found in: Dictionary, Acronyms, Idioms.
This text can also be found in a dictionary, under acronyms, or idioms.
How long is it OK to stay unemployed?
Being out of work for up to three or four months is usually not an issue. Employers may start to express some concern if you have been out of work for an extended period of time, depending on your level and type of job. If you have been out of work for an extended period, the employer probably wants to understand why.
I Leon Thompson am a Human Resources Expert. I have worked in the field for over 15 years, and during that time I have gained invaluable experience and knowledge.
I am also a CV expert and Resume Expert, so I know what employers are looking for when they review applications. This gives me an advantage when helping clients to create resumes and CVs that will stand out from the crowd.