Time spent looking for a new job is a good reason for an employment gap.
2. Being laid off because of organizational changes is a good reason for an employment gap.
3. Taking time off to be a stay-at-home parent or caregiver is a good reason for an employment gap.
4. Taking time off for a medical leave is a good reason for an employment gap.
5. Time spent furthering your education is a good reason for an employment gap.
6. Time spent gaining certifications or licensing is a good reason for an employment gap.
How do you explain a long gap in an interview?
You want to be truthful without going into unnecessary detail. A basic template for your answer could be: “I [reason you were not employed]. During that time, [what you did during the gap]. Returning to work was top of mind during that period and I’m ready to do that now.”
Can I get a job after 5 years of gap?
Yes, you can find a relevant job with 5 years of gap after graduation, but you must be able to provide a valid reason for taking a break.
2. Secondly, you must brush up on your knowledge and upgrade skills to be able to get hired successfully.
How do I start my career after 12 years gap?
You can attend walk-in interviews – some companies don’t consider the year of passing. If you have good skills (which I am not sure you would have after such a long gap), you can start working as a freelancer. Another option is to join a course on your favorite technology, get certified and then look for jobs.
Can I get job after 3 years gap?
Generally, an employment gap of fewer than 9 months is more acceptable.
2. You can get a job after 3 years of career gap by focusing on skill development and gaining part-time work experience.
I Leon Thompson am a Human Resources Expert. I have worked in the field for over 15 years, and during that time I have gained invaluable experience and knowledge.
I am also a CV expert and Resume Expert, so I know what employers are looking for when they review applications. This gives me an advantage when helping clients to create resumes and CVs that will stand out from the crowd.