Give specific answers and examples to behavioral questions.
2. Demonstrate your knowledge and enthusiasm for the company.
3. Prepare to ask some smart questions.
What are three things you should do when asking for a reference?
Make sure the person you’re asking is an appropriate reference.
2. Make sure this person will give you a good reference.
3. Make sure you have the person’s permission before asking for a reference.
Should I put my current boss as a reference?
If you’re employed but you’re looking for a new job, you should ask your current employer for a reference.
2. Your current employer can attest to your most recent skills and responsibilities, which will make it easier for hiring managers to validate the information on your resume.
Are two references enough?
The employer may be able to form a thorough impression of you as a candidate after listening to diverse perspectives.
2. The number of references required may depend on the role and the company.
3. Three is the minimum number of references to include on your job application.
Can I list references without telling them?
Do not list someone as a reference without asking them first.
2. It is common courtesy to ask for permission before doing so.
3. Asking permission from the person you list to be your reference will prevent them from being caught off guard when they receive a call from someone unknown.
4. It may also hurt your application if you do not ask for permission first.
I Leon Thompson am a Human Resources Expert. I have worked in the field for over 15 years, and during that time I have gained invaluable experience and knowledge.
I am also a CV expert and Resume Expert, so I know what employers are looking for when they review applications. This gives me an advantage when helping clients to create resumes and CVs that will stand out from the crowd.