I’m sorry to say that I don’t think I’ll be able to give you a positive reference for my previous employer. I had some performance issues while I was there and I don’t want you to get a false impression of my work. I’m confident that I can do a great job for you, but I just wanted to be upfront about my previous situation.
Who is a good reference for a resume?
The best people to include as references are those who can speak to your best qualities, skills, and qualifications. If possible, choose people who can discuss talents specific to the job you’re applying for.
2. Generally, the best people to include as references are current or former managers or direct supervisors.
Do you always need 2 references?
It is typical for an employer to ask for three references in order to gain a good understanding of the prospective employee.
2. The number of references may vary depending on the role and organization.
3. References can offer different perspectives on an employee’s abilities.
Who should be my 3 references?
Your prior managers or supervisors can attest to your work ethic and skills.
2. Your current peers or clients can vouch for your character and abilities.
3. Your personal references or friends can provide insight into your personality.
Can I use HR as a reference?
If a manager or colleague refuses to give you a reference, they may pass it on to HR or you can ask the HR team directly.
2. It’s likely the HR team will provide a ‘factual reference’.
I Leon Thompson am a Human Resources Expert. I have worked in the field for over 15 years, and during that time I have gained invaluable experience and knowledge.
I am also a CV expert and Resume Expert, so I know what employers are looking for when they review applications. This gives me an advantage when helping clients to create resumes and CVs that will stand out from the crowd.